35 in 250
I believe I’m getting my groove back. At least when it comes to writing. So much so that I’ve created a 35 in 250 list. Never one to shy away from setting goals, I’ve decided to jump feet first into the pool and challenge myself to accomplish the following 35 goals in 250 days. Why 250? It seems like a nice number and will take me just over the edge of 2013. And it looks impressive without being daunting, like the 101 in 1001 lists floating around the internets. As far as the goals – some will be easy, some will be hard, and hopefully all will be fun.
Karen’s 35 in 250 List
- Make cotton candy
- Eat a Georgetown Cupcake
- View the sunrise in at least 5 states
- Learn to shoot manual on Nikon D3100
- Take Weston to a sporting event
- Read Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life by George Elio/Mary Anne Evans/Marian Evans
- Eat fresh cherries on the shore of Lake Michigan
- Go to a rodeo
- Do 20 consecutive push-ups
- Be the ultimate tourist and take a picture in front of the White House
- Participate in a no spend week challenge
- Visit Arlington National Cemetery
- Eat barbecue in St. Louis, Missouri
- Write and illustrate a children’s book for Weston
- Meet an internet friend in person (I swear it isn’t as creepy as it sounds…)
- See the World’s Largest Praying Hands in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Check out the Lincoln Home National Historic Site in Springfield, Illinois
- Participate in a 5K
- Knit or crochet a blanket
- See the Grand Canyon again
- Make a book of recipes
- Post five times a week at And Then We Laughed
- Host a fancy dinner party
- Hike the Wichita Wildlife Refuge
- Write and send 20 postcards
- Attend a concert
- Create and use a Household book
- Make lip-smackin’, finger-lickin’, fall of the bone barbecue ribs
- Learn to play at least one song on the guitar
- Take an academic class, perhaps towards another masters.
- Organize all of our digital photos (cloud storage and printed albums)
- Ride a bike on Mackinac Island
- Move this blog to a self-hosted platform
- Write 150,000 words
- Pick apples from an orchard
Anybody want to join me in a 35 in 250 challenge? The more the merrier!
In honor of yesterday’s post – Far From Home, I’ve been listening to Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.
I can’t help but whistle along. I’m a darn good whistler, in case you didn’t know.
And if you want – check out my article The Not-So-Pretty Side of Life over at the Homefront United Network.