My Thankful For: 11-20 list was published just hours before we discovered Baby #2 no longer had a heartbeat and we experienced the Art of Losing a Baby. Despite the sadness these past days have brought, my heart is full. And while reflecting, I became aware of little moments of beauty I may have otherwise missed. Why is that it usually takes something bad happening to make us realize just how good we have it? This past week has served as a not-so-gentle reminder that having a heart full of gratitude is necessary for a worthwhile and purposeful life.
Today, I am thankful for…
21. my family, friends, and blog readers who took time out of their day to pass along words of encouragement. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you.
22. cuddle time with the little guy.
23. family vacations and road trips. We left early this morning – depending on when you’re reading this, we could be in Oklahoma, Missouri, or Illinois.
24. bar-b-que. wet and sloppy bar-b-que.
25. podcasts. We’re listening to Go Fork Yourself, Doug Loves Movies, Mohr Stories, and Stuff You Missed in History Class while driving north through America’s heartland.
26. having a comfortable bed to sleep in at night.
27. chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel frosting I made for bible study on Wednesday night. Delicious.
28. thought provoking bible study books, such as The Christian Atheist.
29. red nail polish.
30. dawn. It just may be my favorite part of the day. Is it because of the opportunity and hope that lies within the early morning sun? I’m not sure. But boy, sunrises sure are good for the soul.